VICAP (Medicare) Counselor Volunteers:
Healthy Generations Rappahannock Area Agency on Aging is seeking a volunteer candidate to become a part of the Virginia Insurance Counseling and Assistance Program. VICAP offers free, unbiased individualized counseling, community outreach, and public education about Medicare and other related health insurance topics. Volunteers for this position must have strong communication skills, be able to work independently with limited direction and supervision, be responsible and dependable to complete assigned tasks promptly, able to report and input requested data on a daily basis.
VICAP volunteers empower adults to prevent healthcare fraud. Volunteers receive extensive training on Medicare, Medicaid and related insurance topics, including Long-Term Care. Volunteers, if interested, can give presentations on Medicare and VICAP services to educate the community.
We seek volunteers who are free primarily during business hours, occasional evenings and weekends. Bilingual volunteers are also appreciated.
– Sensitivity in working with vulnerable populations
– NOT a licensed insurance agent/consultant
– Strong planning and organizational skills
– Good written and oral communication skills
– Competence using the computer and the Internet
Requirements & Commitment
– Must be at least 18
– No licensed insurance agents
– Orientation and Training
– Minimum two to four hours per week/minimum 1 year