VICAP (Medicare) Counselor Volunteers:
Healthy Generations Rappahannock Area Agency on Aging is seeking a volunteer candidate to become a part of the Virginia Insurance Counseling and Assistance Program. VICAP offers free, unbiased individualized counseling, community outreach, and public education about Medicare and other related health insurance topics. Volunteers for this position must have strong communication skills, be able to work independently with limited direction and supervision, be responsible and dependable to complete assigned tasks promptly, able to report and input requested data on a daily basis.
VICAP volunteers empower adults to prevent healthcare fraud. Volunteers receive extensive training on Medicare, Medicaid and related insurance topics, including Long-Term Care. Volunteers, if interested, can give presentations on Medicare and VICAP services to educate the community.
We seek volunteers who are free primarily during business hours, occasional evenings and weekends. Bilingual volunteers are also appreciated.
– Sensitivity in working with vulnerable populations
– NOT a licensed insurance agent/consultant
– Strong planning and organizational skills
– Good written and oral communication skills
– Competence using the computer and the Internet
Requirements & Commitment
– Must be at least 18
– No licensed insurance agents
– Orientation and Training
– Minimum two to four hours per week/minimum 1 year
DRIVER.IMMEDIATE OPENING. PT position. Approximately 20 – 24 hours per week. Healthy Generations Area Agency on Aging is seeking candidate to transport seniors to cafés, outings in community, events, trips out of town when scheduled, etc. Valid Driver’s License required with good driving record. Criminal background check, and pre-employment drug screening required. Applications can be found at www.healthygenerations.org. Include current copy of driving recordwith application. EEOE. No phone calls please. Position open until filled.
Duties willinclude but, are not limited to:
· Transportparticipants to and from senior cafés by approved and most efficient routesbased upon daily pick-up list.
· Provide patient andcourteous assistance to participants upon entering and leaving the van and atthe café.
· Provide assistance tothose who will need some help from their door to the van and from the van totheir door.
· Operate the van atall times in a manner consistent with the health and safety of the passengers.
· Transportparticipants to designated shopping points only for the time specified unlessprior approval to vary the shopping schedule.
· Perform routinepre-trip inspection according to the pre-trip form provided.
· Maintain bothinterior and exterior cleanliness of the van with daily cleaning of theinterior.
· Return van to thedesignated area for overnight parking and secure all windows and doors.
· Keep an accuratemonthly van sheet, to be filled out daily.
· While at the café thedrivers are to get their directions and duties from the café manager. The cafémanager is in charge of the café and the drivers are to assist the café managerwhile at the café and on outing.
· Drivers will work inthe kitchen, as needed, to prepare the meals and serve meals and beverages.
· Set up and take downthe tables and chairs based on the requirements of each café.
· Assist withactivities at the café, bingo, arts and crafts, etc.
· After lunch cleanupwill be needed, sweep, wipe tables, collect trash and remove from café.
· The Café Manager willdismiss the drivers to pick up their vans and will dismiss vans when loaded.
· All Agency employeesare to refrain from over expressing their opinions and employees should notengage gossip with anyone at the café. If gossip is reported disciplinaryaction will be taken.
· If the café manageris having a one on one meeting with another driver or participant, give themanager the privacy needed.
· The café manager willbe responsible to give out any transportation or café news or changes. This maybe in conjunction with other management.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $11.00 /hour