Mobility Options is a community-based program, made possible in part by federal, state, and local funding through our partners, The Virginia Department of Rail and Public Transportation, and Mary Washington Healthcare. Through outreach, education, awareness, and advocacy the program works towards a more equitable transportation plan for our community.
- Transportation Education, Information, and Referral Services
- Comprehensive Transportation Provider Resource Directory
- FREDERICKSBURG AREA TRANSPORTATION RESOURCE GUIDE
- Public Transit Travel Training in coordination with FXBGO! Fredericksburg Regional Transit
Serving the City of Fredericksburg, Spotsylvania, and Stafford Counties
- Shared Ride, Door-to-Door Transportation Services (for seniors aged 60 and older, and adults with disabilities, based on availability, first come-first served, advanced reservations and assessment required, some limitations apply)
Visit our Mobility Options Shared Ride Service User Guide for more information.
- What is Travel Training?
- Travel Training is a free educational program designed to help interested users be safe and gain confidence while learning to navigate our region’s public transit system. One-on-one and group training is available.
Our Certified Travel Training Instructor, CTTI, can provide:
- Tailored one-on-one or group trainings to the public
- Travel ambassador or train-the trainer trainings to businesses, agencies, or groups who want to teach others how maintain independence through using transit
- Transition to Transit: a program for area high school students with disabilities that helps them transition from the school bus to the transit bus
- Why Transit? It’s cost effective, reduces traffic congestion and air pollution, fosters independence with same day travel and no need to make advanced reservations, and it promotes healthier habits! We are proud to partner with Fredericksburg Regional Transit and invite you to try transit!
- Travel Talk – Visit Healthy Generations on Facebook! Travel Talk is a series of videos and Facebook Live events in which we provide virtual travel training, travel app tutorials, and engage with our community partners to talk about transportation and transit.
Healthy Generations Travel Training program was recognized as the Virginia Transit Association’s 2022 Outstanding Community Program and a National Aging and Disabled Transportation Center’s 2022 Transportation Innovation. Come see what it’s all about!
Donate to Healthy Generations Area Agency on Aging’s Mobility Options Program!
Your donation can help cover the cost of cab fare for older adults and people with disabilities in our community who need transportation assistance!
- Before You Give up the Keys – A resource available through the National Aging and Disabled Transportation Center to help learn, prepare, and act to “Create a Roadmap for Transportation Independence”.
- Virginia Transportation Navigator – A comprehensive Information System helping identify Transportation Options throughout Virginia